29 Sep We’re Hiring – Arboricultural Consultant
Located in Oxfordshire with a focus on central and southern England, we are a small but dedicated arboricultural consultancy with a goal of being one of the premier consultancies in the UK in the Arboricultural and Urban Forestry sectors.
We offer a range of consultancy services to our clients covering development, tree risk management and tree health advice. To assist in delivery of these services we use the latest software and hardware available and have a range of specialist diagnostic tools.
With a high level of demand across a wide range of sites, we are now looking to grow the business and are looking for the right person to join the team. While experience is certainly a desirable quality, the right person is someone who is driven, forward thinking, and pragmatic, who has an ability to interpret as well as listen, and for whom high quality delivery is normal. We are looking to appoint a qualified and experienced arboricultural consultant on a full- time, permanent basis
The role is varied as our consultants are involved in every stage of a project, from preparing the brief, carrying out the survey, drafting reports and plans and working with the wider project teams. Subject to experience, you will have direct contact with clients and be expected to develop your own contacts and client base.
TO APPLY – Requirements:
We are happy to discuss the role with anyone who is interested, but we do have a minimum academic requirement of a Level 4 Diploma or equivalent.
Ideally you will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in carrying out tree surveys and tree conditions assessments
- Be able to demonstrate a good and competent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular with MS Word and Excel (CAD experience would be a bonus).
- Be able to collect accurate field data and write high quality reports.
- Be keen to develop your skills and have a proactive approach to learning new ones
- Be keen to work in a team environment alongside other arboriculturists, CAD and GIS technicians and admin support staff.
- Be able to manage your own workload and actively prioritise to meet client deadlines.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Be flexible in working environment with a mix of site, office and home based.
- Membership of the Arboricultural Association and/or the Institute of Chartered Foresters.
A full UK driving license and ownership of your own car is a requirement of this role as is the ability to work flexibly on occasion.
Our offer to you
- We are committed to developing you professionally and will support you in your personal aspirations.
- We will invest in new tools and equipment to help you do the job to the best of your ability
- We will offer a competitive salary (£25-£35,000 dependent on experience)
- An attractive package of employee benefits
We’d be happy to talk to you about this role if you want to find out more (01608 692705) or you can send your CV and covering email/letter to email@example.com